Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Hello. We are a company based in Pakistan providing software

Hello. We are a company based in Pakistan providing software services to companies in the United States. One of our customers, who is based in Santa Clara, CA owes us $25,000, but is using delaying tactics for the last 3 months, and we fear they are not going to pay us. Because we are an offshore vendor, all our agreements and correspondences occur over email and Skype (the record of which I have). Based on these I can show that the customer accepts our claim for this money. I would like to know if there is any legal remedy to make this customer pay up.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: Hello. We are a company based in Pakistan providing software services to companies in the United States. One of our customers, who is based in Santa Clara, CA owes us $25,000, but is using delaying tactics for the last 3 months, and we fear they are not going to pay us. Because we are an offshore vendor, all our agreements and correspondences occur over email and Skype (the record of which I have). Based on these I can show that the customer accepts our claim for this money. I would like to know if there is any legal remedy to make this customer pay up.

Response: Yes, you do have legal remedy. You would need to hire one of the debt collection law firms in California to initiate collection activities against this Santa Clara client and if necessary file a lawsuit to recover the money owed. You can use the following web sites to find debt collection law firms in California:

http://www.lawyers.com/Collections/California/browse-law-firms-by-city.html

http://www.avvo.com/