BizLawyerNate, Attorney
Experience:  7 Years of Legal Experience Representing Small Business Owners

I own an LLC in NJ. I need to get a land use certificate for

I own an LLC in NJ. I need to get a land use certificate for an office space. They are asking me for an Operating Agreement. I don't know much about it other then what I've read today on the internet. I'm a sole member. What is an operating agreement? Do I need One? How can I obtain one that's legal . There are plenty of sites that do it, I just don't know what I'm doing...

Silkia Rios
Rapid Bail Bonds

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

An operating agreement is just the basic document that governs how an LLC is governed. You can get any sample online and it should work for your situation. Since you are the only member, it should be especially easy to draft one and submit it to the landlord.

I will be happy to follow up with you if you have additional questions. In the meantime, please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for answering your question. Of course, if you really liked what I could help you with, please consider a Bonus, too!

Nathan Moore