Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

My husband has a savings plan that is taken out of his check

My husband has a savings plan that is taken out of his check every week ($100.00) and suppose to be put in the bank by the 15th of every month. As of today it is not there and it's been 2 months. We have called them but they just give us the run around. What can we do?

Good morning. You should send a certified letter demanding an explanation and a deposit within a short specified period of time, which needs to include the interest from the date it should have been deposited. If it is not timely deposited, you legally have the right then to file a claim against your employer and to also send correspondence, copying his employer, to the state attorney general's office and the Federal Trade Commission. You will want to balance these actions, however, against the effect in might have on your husband's employment.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.