Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

I am setting up a business (under my real name) but wish to

I am setting up a business (under my real name) but wish to use an alias when calling customers, dealing with vendors, and preferably when signing B2B contracts on behalf of the company. Is this ok? Do I somehow need to file the alias to be legal or can I just start using any name I think up?

Good afternoon. Yes, this is simply need to file a Fictitious Name Certificate or Assumed Name Certificate with the Wyoming Secretary of State and in the county records where your principal place of business will be.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My business is an LLC - let's call it ABC Company, filed under my name Joel Kepple as the only Officer. However, I wish to conduct business under an alias name - for example John Doe (although something else for sure). It is not that I want to "do business as" some other company name. This is my particular case. Does the same requirement still apply? I should file a DBA for ABC Company with John Doe as the representative?
Yes...same answer.