socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

What are the laws in Massachusetts especially the city of Lawrence

Customer Question

What are the laws in Massachusetts especially the city of Lawrence to open a private social club which caters to sauna & spa services? It would sell memberships, not allow non-members except guests of its members for a day pass fee.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
Muni. Code 29-21 et. seq. requires a special zoning permit for a club or lodge from the city planning and zoning department. See this link for special permit application.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!