Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
17897874

HELLO I OWE ONE MY VENDORS SOME PAST DO INVOICES.HOW EVER

HELLO: I OWE ONE MY VENDORS SOME PAST DO INVOICES.HOW EVER HE HAS TURNED IT OVER TO A LAW FIRM. I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM PAYING THE BALANCE, INFACT IHE FIRM SET UP A PAYMENT SCHEDUAL SO MUCH PER WEEK.HOWEVER THIS ADDS UP TO ABOUT 5000 MORE THAN WHAT I OWE. IN THE LETTER IT DOES NOT SAY WHAT THE EXTRA IS FOR. IF I DO NOTSIGN TO EXCEPT THE PLAN. CAN I JUST SEND MONEY TO THE VENDOR WEEKLY.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 years ago.
You are not obligated to accept the payment plan. The law firm has probably included its fees in the plan. You are not liable for the other side's attorney fees unless you agreed to pay them.

You can try contacting the vendor. They may or may not be able to work something out, though they will have attorney fees to pay which may make them unwilling to deal with you directly. Either way, it is worth a phone call. Also, you can negotiate the payment plan and the "extras".