Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney

During recent Meet & Confer Plaintiffs counsel dismissed my

During recent Meet & Confer Plaintiff's counsel dismissed my request to include my counterclaims in the 26f report soon to be issued. They claim it isn't necessary since they just reiterate my claims against their policy. Is this correct?
Good morning,

It's hard to answer this without reading the Complaint and the Answer. The report should have "the nature and basis of their claims and defenses and the possibilities for promptly settling or resolving the case." If a person can read the report and glean what your clams and defenses are, it's OK. Otherwise, even if it's not necessary, there's no reason they can't include a sentence or two in the report. They could even just say, "The parties will also discuss the defendant's counterclaims, which are substantially based on the plaintiff's claims" or something like that.