How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JBaxLaw Your Own Question
JBaxLaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 11396
Experience:  Experienced in business formation and licensing issues
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
JBaxLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We owe a supplier 9700.00 we have owed for 2 years yesterday

Resolved Question:

We owe a supplier 9700.00 we have owed for 2 years yesterday they informed us they were suing us and they hired a PI to follow all are vans and attach to or clients to pay the bill is this legal
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 6 years ago.

I am an expert at JustAnswer and will be assisting you. Please remember that I receive no credit for assisting you unless you accept my response. You cannot accept when I make an inquiry, rather you can only do so after you have received an answer. I answer questions based on the amount offered and rely on customers to follow through and "accept." Please remember that this is a chat or a dialogue so please reply to me if you have any questions regarding the information I provide.

It is possible for a supplier to obtain a lien against the owner of an end product containing the supplied. For example, the supplier of plumbing materials could obtain a lien against a home in which the supplies were used in certain situations. There is no law prohibiting a private investigator from obtaining the identity of such clients. If you believe the investigator is behaving in an unethical manner or is harassing you, then you may consider filing a complaint with the state agency which licenses the investigator. Near the bottom of the following page, you will see how to file such a complaint with the Massachusetts regulatory agency for private investigators. See: nal+Justice&L2=Law+Enforcement&L3=Professional+Standards&L4=Certification+Unit&sid=Eeops&b=terminalcontent&f=msp_divisions_standards_and_training_certification_unit_msp_dst_certification_unit_faq&csid=Eeops
JBaxLaw and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what are my options here
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 6 years ago.
In these situation, a debtor may contest the debt in court if a civil suit is filed or may attempt to settle. The other option is refusing payment, but it seems the supplier may obtain liens against clients and cause damage to your business. Most such situations result in debt settlement.

Thank you
JBaxLaw and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you