Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

How do I file a civil lawsuit against the CPA who was supposed

How do I file a civil lawsuit against the CPA who was supposed to file many returns for me but didn't. Now I am paying hefty penalties and interest.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

So sorry to hear of your dilemma. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you. If my answer is not clear to you, I encourage you to ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

A lawsuit is commenced by filing a summons and complaint. In the complaint you would state your causes of action. You likely would allege breach of contract and negligence as your causes of action and request the court award you damages to compensate you for the losses you have sustained.

Please let me know if you have any questions concerning my answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where do I go to file myself, and what form/forms do I need?
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
There are no standard forms that you can purchase to suit this purpose. To file the action yourself, I would suggest that you go to a law library. The law librarian can direct you to the form books. You can look at the different counts for breach of contract and for negligence and then modify them to fit your situation.

After you have prepared the complaint by using the library form books, you will want to take the complaint to the clerk of the courts office for filing. The clerk can prepare the summons and assist you with service of process