P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  12+ yrs. of legal experience.

I have Power of Attorney for my brother. I need to withdraw

I have Power of Attorney for my brother. I need to withdraw funds from one of his annuities to pay his bills. The annuity people sent his financial advisor paperwork for him to sign and date and return to them (the annuity people). Can't I sign as his Power of Attorney?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

You can his agent you would be authorized to sign for him (provided the power of attorney gives you such power...there are all sorts of powers of attorney out need one that gives you this power specifically).

The "hitch" may be that the company that holds the money is not required to recognize a power of attorney. Most will...but there is no law that requires this.

Let me know if you have more questions