socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I am curious to know how I can apply for the EIN without the

I am curious to know how I can apply for the EIN without the need to have an ITIN.
I am not entitled to have a SSN as I am not a permanent resident alien in the United States, however, last year in August, I registered my LLC in the state of Louisiana. I have not conducted any business thus far, however, I'm being told that I need to have an EIN to open a bank account and now I want to actually initiate business with the US business, I've hit this massive brick wall.
I am dubious about spending a lot of money with these online corporations who claim to help you get an EIN and ITIN etc, but I did notice that one of them has a way of helping you avoid the ITIN requirement. Can you offer any advice?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue, but I don't see why you can't just file a Form W-7 to get the ITIN, and then file the SS-4 to get the EIN.

Feel free to clarify, if I'm missing something obvious.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.