Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.
19305272

I am ready to incorporate my business. Do I need to have Articles

I am ready to incorporate my business. Do I need to have Articles of Incorporation (paper documents) for online submission with the State of Illinois. Do I also need to have By-laws (paper documents) to incorporate on line. I am using this service because I do not have an attorney. Does this service provide any of these documents?

Janice Douglas

Hello, I will be happy to assist you. After receiving your answer, and unless you have need for clarification, your accept (by clicking the green "accept" button) would be appreciated. Although you have made a deposit, I cannot receive credit for my work without your accept.

This service does not provide incorporation documents. If you're filing online, the electronic version of your articles of incorporation replaces the paper version and you don't need an additional paper version -- just make sure that when you submit the filing online that you keep a copy of the electronic filing (which the secretary of state should email to you with a certificate of incorporation after the filing has been completed).

You do not have to file bylaws with the secretary of state, so you should have a paper copy of your bylaws.

If you want some assistance with filing and forms, I would try a site such as LegalZoom:

http://www.legalzoom.com/incorporation-state-requirements/illinois-corporation.html

I believe I have answered your question. As noted above, please let me know if you need clarification, and if not your accept would be appreciated. If you are a monthly subscriber, you must still click the "accept" button for me to receive credit for my work, but you will not be charged an additional fee.

If you later open a new question and would like my assistance, please begin the question with "To TMcJD...." This will ensure that only I answer the question.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for using JustAnswer. Your "accept" (by clicking the green "Accept" button) would be greatly appreciated. Although you have made a deposit, I cannot receive credit for my work without your accept.

You understand that your use of or communication on this forum, in any and all ways, is intended for general informational purposes only and shall not constitute and/or be relied upon as legal advice or be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. Further, you agree not to rely on anything I say as legal authority and where appropriate for your own protection will obtain appropriate legal and or tax advice with an attorney or other professional licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal or other issue arises.