Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney

My judge is a she. Where can I find out information on her

Customer Question

My judge is a "she." Where can I find out information on her rulings? I have tried the "Robing Room" but opinions tend toward sour grapes.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

You're right that, while the Robing Room can be useful, most opinions that people post of judges should be taken with a grain of salt - you'll tend to get two types.
1. "I love this judge, she ruled in my favor."
2. "I hate this judge, she is biased/evil/stupid, because she ruled against me."

If you have time, I would actually go to the law library and use Westlaw or Lexis to get opinions that she has written. There aren't as many with district court judges as there are in the appeals courts, but you might find something. You may even be able to narrow it down to cases that are somewhat related to yours. That's probably more useful than reading other people's opinions.