Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney

I am appearing pro se in USDC. An insurance company filed a

I am appearing pro se in USDC. An insurance company filed a federal interpleader action against several defendants with claims against a policy the company wrote.

Having already answered the summons, I now intend to file a motion to sever under Rule 12(c). In the near future the "Meet and Confer" teleconference is scheduled. I have not yet prepared my 12(c) motion, but will have it ready within the next 2-3 weeks.

Should I raise this as an issue to be discussed during the teleconference?

One of the purposes of the meet and confer conference is to try to avoid having to file unnecessary motions. For that reason, you may want to include the Motion to Sever. This is because, if the other side agrees that severance should occur, you can save a lot of time and energy by simply filing a Joint Motion to Sever. Also, some district courts have local rules that require a conference before filing any motion.

Here is an article that has more information that may help you prepare for the teleconference.