Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
11182422

Back in 1992 I invested in a technology and purchased Territories

Customer Question

Back in 1992 I invested in a technology and purchased Territories covering the San Fernando Valley, San Jose and a portion of Long Beach. There were 28 Super Fund Sites
in just the first 2 alone and at that time the government had set aside 25 million/site for clean up. There were 3 companies, 1st owned the product, 2nd marketed the product and the 3rd making the application equipment. It was represented to be hi-tech environmental.
It involved a Grand Jury investigation in Ventura County and a series of law suits which went on for 6 years. I followed it all and have copies of the cases. The 3.5 invested was gone! I was in over $500,000 and sprung for the final test at the cost of 23k to get the new MSDS from the state of California. The owner of the technology disappeared after I funded his contract with Pemex in Mexico and left me and my son high and dry.
Next I heard he was in Louisiana, then Canada selling his product. In March of this year the IRS found him and his partner guilty and they are being sentenced June 27,2011 for
@ 20 years each. I hear his girl friend has been buying ranches in Sweden, etc and they have investments, condos, cars & all the toys! He is into me for mega bucks and I need someone to get a Judgement and get my $900,000+back! XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
(He is currently out of 50k bail...and he may take a powder!)
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 3 years ago.
Hello there:

I understand the situation, but I do not want to make any assumptions about what you are asking. What is the legal question that I can answer for you this evening?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Don't tell me I hit another RIP-OFF!
Sir or madam, you did not ask a question. I cannot answer a question unless it has been asked. I merely inquired as to what your question is. If you do not have a question, I am happy to close this thread and arrange for your deposit to be refunded. If you do have a question, I am glad to answer it for you. Just let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Following my investment I lost a million dollar home on the lake in Westlake Village, lost a Hospice buiness that generated @$45k per month, filed Bankruptcy and have lived through 10 years of hell!

I am now 80 years old, retired after 53 years in Real Estate...a business that has also gone down the tubes!

I need an attorney that can move fast, lives in the area and would be willing to work for a percentage of the money collected....but it would have to be done quickly.

I can be reached on my cell XXX-XXX-XXXX as I will be out of town for 2 days, back to LA on Saturday 6-4-11.

It appears that you do not have a question, but you are looking for an attorney to represent you. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I started out I thought with HANDEL ON THE LAW...all of a sudden it turned into something else.

Yes, I am looking for an attorney to represent me under the terms requested.

You have to keep in mind that a "good" attorney for one person is not necessarily a good attorney for someone else; every attorney has their own personality and style, and clients need to choose someone that they feel comfortable with (and vice versa).

I typically refer customers to www.martindale.com when looking for a local attorney with a specific type of practice. Martindale lists most of the world's attorneys based on geographic area, type of practice, years of experience, etc.; it is also the tool that most attorneys use when searching for other attorneys with expertise outside their own. There is no guarantee that any one attorney is willing or able to take any particular case, so there is almost always some searching involved, but Martindale typically facilitates that search. If you are looking for someone to take your case on a contingency basis, you can expect to have to do some searching; most attorneys are reluctant to take a case on contingency because cases can sometimes take years to complete. I would expect to have to contact a minimum of five law offices.

Another option is to use www.avvo.com. AVVO rates attorneys; if you are in the industry, you may see that an attorney or firm boasts an "AV rating"; AVVO is basically a peer-reviewed entity that rates attorneys by experience, reputation, knowledge, etc. The grades are AV, BV, and CV. AV is the highest rating. Again, there is no guarantee that any one attorney will be able or willing to take or review any particular case, but this is the place to start.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance. Thank you.