MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements

I am a licensed physician in Texas. It is my understanding

I am a licensed physician in Texas. It is my understanding that physicians and non-physicians cannot open a medical clinic together in Texas. If this is true, can a physician have a non-physician either loan or invest money into a physician who wants to open and operate a clinic and if so would this be no different than a bank loaning a physician the funds?
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. While it is true that a person whom is not physician cannot own a medical practice, a medical practice may accept a loan from a non-physician just as it could from a bank or other lending source. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.