Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

I am president of a C-Corp in Idaho. When the Corp was formed

I am president of a C-Corp in Idaho. When the Corp was formed I named my daughter as 100% shareholder. She is my only child and is a minor.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

Please state your specific question so we may better assist you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is her ownership of the stock permitted?

A parent or guardian would hold the shares in trust for the minor until he/she reaches the age of majority. So, the share certificates should have been issued to:

Johnny Parent "in trust for" Johnny Junior Child until child reaches the age of majority.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what is the age of majority

If she is not married, it is 18 under IDAHO law: