socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

work for a temp agency and was assigned to a company that I

Customer Question

work for a temp agency and was assigned to a company that I worked for, for 8 mos. Was just let go after reporting to supervisor that a full-time employee made sexually crappy comment to me. He immediately reported to HR and the woman got a write-up. She is 68 y.o. and two years from retirement. Next thing I know, my temp agency is calling me, telling me the company that I was working for no longer needs me due to volume production reduction. However, I find out from another girl at work, that they have another temp from another company doing my job the very next day.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
Your only recourse is to file a charge of retaliation for reporting sexual harassment. Termination for reporting possible sex harassment is actionable as a separate lawsuit, even if no sex harassment is ever found.

Here is the link to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

You can alternatively, hire a private lawyer to handle the claim for you. See this link for an employment rights lawyer referral.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
would like to cancel this transaction.