Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am President of LLC and am only officer of LLC. I want

Customer Question

I am President of LLC and am only officer of LLC. I want to purchase an rental apartment but will be out of country for closing date. What is legal means where I can have someone else sign for me. Bryan Black in Florida
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hi - my name is Kirk and I'm a Business litigation attorney here to assist you.

You can have someone assigned as your special limited power of attorney to execute the documents on behalf of the company. This can be any person other than your spouse.

A local attorney can draft you a special limited power of attorney, or you can Google "special limited power of attorney for real estate purchases in Florida" and find several online

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is there anyway have my spouse perform signature of purchase contract?

Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
If the other party will accept, it can be done. The problem is that POAs have been abused by spouses while the other is overseas in the military. Thus, most lending institutions have prohibited a spouse from signing docs as POA.