Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

For a New York Corporation, does the exist date of the corporation

For a New York Corporation, does the exist date of the corporation on the state filing receipt need to be the same as the date on the Action by Written Consent of the Incorporator document?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
No, the exist date of the corporation can be different and most times is different than the date of action by written consent of the incorporater, since there can be a delay in when the corporation comes into existence.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The exist date of my corporation on the state filing receipt is actually a few days before the Action by Written Consent of the Incorporator document. This is normal?
Yes, it is normal, since the state filing can happen before everything is completed.