socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

What law in State of Wash governs right to information by beneficiary

What law in State of Wash governs right to information by beneficiary to accounting of by an executor.
Dear JACUSTOMER - All probate records are public so it is not a specific law. All anyone has to do is go to the probate court and the entire estate file is there and can be reviewed including the final accounting of the executor. This information is probably not on line so you would need to contact the probate court directly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Please open to other lawyers
RCW 11.44.015 requires that the personal representative/executor provide the court with a copy of an inventory and appraisment within three months of appointment by the court. See generally RCW Chapter 11.44.

Also RCW 11.76.010, requires that the personal representative provide an accounting at least once annually.

If the personal representative fails to act in accordance with law, then any interested party may petition the probate court to order an accounting and/or remove the personal representative.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

socrateaser, Attorney
Experience: Retired (mostly)