Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.

I built a website application for a client a year ago. The

Customer Question

I built a website application for a client a year ago. The agreement was to duplicate existing functionality of a partially working site. The contract stated I would provide bug fixes and corrections to the site for 6 months. 6 months have passed and the client is now claiming a feature is missing and says I must add it based on implied warranty. The old site is long gone and I can't confirm this functionality. What to do? He is claiming I have to work on the site no matter when he finds something, based on implied warranty. Is this true?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
No, that's not true unless somehow there was language in a written contract that hoses you. The fact that a year has passed and he didn't ask for the feature is some proof that it wasn't there but what you should probably consider doing is having him list any feature that he thinks is missing and then provide proof it was in the original website.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.