Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I had atruck repair 8 months ago cost of 6500 took truck back

I had atruck repair 8 months ago cost of 6500 took truck back last week because of a knocking they put an injector in for 1500 did not fix the problem now the rig is broke down 400 miles away and they will not stand behind there 1yr parts and labor warranty do i have any leagal rights
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

May I ask what state you are located in?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
pennslyvania
Thank you for your follow-up. I happen to be a Pennsylvania licensed expert.

May I ask, have you taken the vehicle to a different mechanic who confirmed what caused the damage?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the truck is in a differnet garage in NC they tore the engine down and confirmed the gears have broken they have no idea why they boke. this is a tractor and trailer truck so it gets alot of miles. my problem is they gave a 1yr parts and labor warranty are they liable
Thank you for your follow-up.

I am not sure I understand--liable for what, repairs and new parts? If you mean are they liable for the parts if they gave you written warranty for parts and labor, the answer is "yes". In terms of labor, they are liable as far as they are the mechanic shop that ends up facilitating the repairs. If you take the tractor to a different shop, they are not liable for the costs. However if they fail to accommodate or cover their warranty, threaten them with both a small claims suit and also state that you will contact the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office for consumer protection on grounds that they are failing to honor their warranty.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so i would have to pay another 1,500 to tow the truck back to PA and give them another chance to fix the problem after just having it in there shop and they couldnt find the problem but charged me 2,000 on parts the truck didnt need
Thank you for your follow-up.

Actually you can force them (the shop) to pay for the towing, especially if the defect was caused by their shoddy work. Otherwise you can state to them that either they make repairs, or you will file suit for damages and fees that your spent via this other shop to essentially conduct repairs on items that should have been properly repaired in the first place.

Good luck.