How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 114802
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hired a contractor to remodel my bath room. He has a B100

Resolved Question:

I hired a contractor to remodel my bath room. He has a B100 license for general building. He installed the rough plumbing and electrical and then I found out he did noit have a plumbers or electrical license that is required in this state. The agreement does not have a termination clause. I want to terminate the agreement. What liabilitty do I have if I do this
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
If you have given him written notice to have a plumber and electrician certify his work and he has not done so in a reasonable time, together with his other performance issues, you need to inform him that he is in breach of contract and that you are terminating his contract because of the breach (you need to do this to him in writing and list all of the grounds for the breach of contract).

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I understand that part but my question was what liability do i have for payment ie entire contract amount, work completed, work completed with valid license or no payment at all.



Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You have to pay for work actually completed. As far as improper work done or work not completed, the contractor would be liable only if it costs you more money than the original contract price to have the project completed and if it does then you would have to sue the contractor for damages (if they did not have a bond).
Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you