How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 114782
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Regarding the last question I asked you about the 1099-c. I

Resolved Question:

Regarding the last question I asked you about the 1099-c. I checked on the county tax assessor's website and the property is still in my name. Have they forgiven the debt and can I sell the property.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
If their lien is still on the deed, no you cannot sell it especially if they have foreclosed and gave you the 1099. Many times these mortgage companies never get around to filing to change the deeds, but if you do sell by quit claim then the buyer could sue you for the sale. You need to do some investigation to determine why they have not changed the deed because they need to do so.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you