Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Our shareholders agreement requires us to pass Special Resolutions

Our shareholders agreement requires us to pass "Special Resolutions" for a great deal or our corporations business, which must be passed by 75% approval of the shares voted on the motion or Special Resolution.
Is there a resource(s) I can access to review how these resolutions should be set up and worded to comply with any business regulations that must be followed? These Resolutions are filed and become part of our corporate records.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
There is no special wording on the resolutions. A basic example would be:

"Special Resolution:

It is hereby resolved and passed by the shareholders, in accordance with the corporation bylaws, that..."

Then you go on to explain what was resolved. No magic wording just be clear as possible on what was voted on and at the bottom of each resolution you put the number of shares voted and the votes for and against to show that there was a quorum that voted and that it passed by the proper number.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.