Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.

I will be filing a bankruptcy, but not for several months.

I will be filing a bankruptcy, but not for several months. Is there a way to set up an LLC so that I can start and conduct business transactions and not have to include them in the eventual bk?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Thomas McJD replied 5 years ago.

You can, of course, create the LLC to conduct your business transactions. However, under the bankruptcy code and rules, you have to disclose any association you have with a business entity, which would include the LLC.

Thus, you can't really hide the business or shield it from the bankruptcy, not at this point.

Your accept (by clicking the green "accept" button) would be appreciated. Although you have made a deposit, I cannot receive credit for my work without your accept. Thanks.