MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements

I know of a Represenitive of a bank that is sharing informations

I know of a Represenitive of a bank that is sharing informations with one of my co workers. The informations has to do with the fanacial stability of one of our customers. Also from what my co worker is sharing with me. It seems the banker is letting us in on the decisions of the customer concerning upcomming projects. I would like to know if that is legal for the bank to do and if it is legal for us to solicite the bank rep for that information? If not who could get in trouble over that sort of thing?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Exactly what information is being disclosed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

We are looking to do a project with a small company in souther WI. I am a salesman for our company. Our general manager is going behind the customer through his contact at Associated Bank to find out how much money the customer has availible and what their credit situation is. I will continue

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The Bank rep is also sharing with my co worker what decisions are being made in regards XXXXX XXXXX project. Who they are going with things of that nature. Maybe it is not ilegal but it seems unethical to me so if you can help me with this all i would be grateful. If it is ilegal I can talk to my co worker privatly if I have to get it to stop. Other wise I dont know.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX unethical to discuss things learned in confidence via a professional relationship, but not unlawful. However it would be unlawful to discuss actual banking information.