BizLawyerNate
BizLawyerNate, Attorney
Experience:  7 Years of Legal Experience Representing Small Business Owners
11217539

We have a business and today I went on line to check my bank

We have a business and today I went on line to check my bank Account and I saw a charge that I did not know what it was for. I called the bank and she gave me a number to call . When I called the number they said it had been charged inError that some old Credit card approvel Accounts where charge this in Error. My Bank said I would have to stop it today or that there was nothing I could do except try to get the money back frome the Credit Card co.

Now my Question I ask my bank what it I had not checked my account that day and it might have been a week or more before I checked it she said that If i did not catch it in 24hr because it was a business account there was nothing I could do except try to get the money back for who ever charged to my account. Could anybody that has access to my check use the acc to buy something on line and If i did not catch it in 24 hrs I would just be up a creek and could not do anything?
Thank you for your question.

I am in court at the moment. Is it okay if I get back with you shortly?

Nathan Moore
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes thats fine thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

have you had time to review my above question

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you.

To make sure I understand this correctly, someone, somehow charged your card for something and you just happened to catch it within 24 hours, and the bank is telling you that if you didn't catch it within 24 hours, you're stuck with the debt?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That correct. Because it a business account. they say you have to catch it in 24 hr.
Unfortunately, that is correct. Federal banking laws do not offer the same protections for business accounts as personal accounts. Banks are obligated under federal law to largely reimburse consumers who were victims of fraud. Not so with businesses.