How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HI there, Just wondering where I can find some guidance

Customer Question

HI there,

Just wondering where I can find some guidance on "Alienability of company equity" and maybe a few precedents on how damages are typically calculated for minority interests in closely held private companies?

Any suggestions please?


Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Can you please be a bit more specific on what you are asking? How and why are the assets being disposed of or alienated?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
HI there,

Thank you for your response, much appreciated.

The alienability relates to company equity via late production of a share certificate.

Shareholder is claiming he has been "damaged" by being denied the ability to sell the equity from the date previously held option were converted into euiqty.

Think we will need someone to spend a few hours (4 to 6 hours) researching this to clarify.

Thanks & Regards,

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry, but the scope of what you require on this matter is well beyond the scope of services provided by this site. This is actually something that needs to be reviewed by a local attorney with all of the corporate records to make the determination if the corporate actions were appropriate or if there is any validity to the allegations. To find a corporate attorney in your area you can use the same sites used by other attorneys, or

You can request a refund of your deposit by contacting customer service.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well noted, Thank you anyway.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Sorry and thank you for understanding.

Related Business Law Questions