Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

HI there, Just wondering where I can find some guidance

Customer Question

HI there,

Just wondering where I can find some guidance on "Alienability of company equity" and maybe a few precedents on how damages are typically calculated for minority interests in closely held private companies?

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,

BL
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Can you please be a bit more specific on what you are asking? How and why are the assets being disposed of or alienated?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HI there,

Thank you for your response, much appreciated.

The alienability relates to company equity via late production of a share certificate.

Shareholder is claiming he has been "damaged" by being denied the ability to sell the equity from the date previously held option were converted into euiqty.

Think we will need someone to spend a few hours (4 to 6 hours) researching this to clarify.

Thanks & Regards,

BL
I am sorry, but the scope of what you require on this matter is well beyond the scope of services provided by this site. This is actually something that needs to be reviewed by a local attorney with all of the corporate records to make the determination if the corporate actions were appropriate or if there is any validity to the allegations. To find a corporate attorney in your area you can use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.martindale.com or http://www.findlaw.com

You can request a refund of your deposit by contacting customer service.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well noted, Thank you anyway.
Sorry and thank you for understanding.