Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.

a friend of mine got cited for selling cigarettes to a minor.

a friend of mine got cited for selling cigarettes to a minor. this is his second offense. his first offense was about 10 years ago. what should he do. what kind of lawyer does he need
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
He will just have to respond, but he needs to hire a criminal defense attorney to assist him. They are usually pretty easy on a case like this if an attorney is involved as long as offenses aren't too close together. In addition, sometimes the evidence can be suppressed if entrapment occurred.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.