Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

Hello I want to register a business in the US and wondering

I want to register a business in the US and wondering how to go about doing. I have a IT consulting business in Canada and want to do the same in US. I am looking to register the business in Bellingham, Washington. Can you please let me know how to do this? Possibly a LLC corporation.

Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

The easiest way to do this is to use a web-based document filing service like one of those listed below. The cost should run about $230 plus any service fee charged by the provider for processing the filing.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers in the meantime. Rest assured, I will get back to you.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated!

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or at .

You can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.