Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Is there any state or federal laws before starting a web page

Is there any state or federal laws before starting a web page as a referal/public relations site with different links provided?
As long as you are not using any copyrighted images without proper permission, there are surprisingly no regulations on these types of websites. The sites can be started without any licensing or any really law interfering. The only thing you have to be cautious of besides copyrights is not to us the trademarks of any other entity besides your own on the site. You can provide links on your site to other sites for information as well, but the owners of those sites do have the right to request you remove their links from the site. Additionally, if you are sending out emails, you have to be cautious of the "CAN-SPAM" Act which prohibits unsolicited emails and you must provide a means in your emails to unsubscribe from the emails.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do you unsubscribe to emails? and what would you suggest for employees w2 or 1099. and would you use a service fo that or have a bookeeper?
That is something the webmaster sets up for you if you are sending out the unsolicited emails (I am not a webmaster so I do not know the specifics). Typically, the employee of this type of service would be an employee (w-2) and not an independent contractor (1099) and you have to pay overtime and also pay unemployment and workers compensation to the state. You would use an accountant to provide this service and most charge reasonable monthly fees to keep up with payroll, deductions and payments for workers compensation and unemployment.
That is something I really have no way of even finding out, but you need to please go to http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us as they are the ones who can access that information.