BizLawyerNate
BizLawyerNate, Attorney
Experience:  7 Years of Legal Experience Representing Small Business Owners
11217539

I stopped doing business in December 2009 but the IRS will

Customer Question

I stopped doing business in December 2009 but the IRS will not stop sending me notices and REV-857. I have e-mailed, talk to them in person but they just won't stop. What verbage do I need to stop them?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  BizLawyerNate replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You're not going to be able to stop them, and in fact, it will get worse as the Rev-857 constitutes notice of non-filing.

An accountant can take care of it fairly quickly. We commoners aren't permitted to talk to anyone but IRS robots. I've had clients in similar conditions that were able to stop the process with a simple accountant phone call.

I will be happy to follow up with you if you have additional questions. In the meantime, please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for answering your question.

Thanks!

Nathan Moore