wallstreetesq., Attorney
Experience:  10 years, Corp litigation, Of Counsel to several global and nationwide corporation

Hello, I am currently working on a new website. However,

I am currently working on a new website. However, this new website is a clone of an existing website. When I say clone, I mean that the new website "mine" functions exactly as an existing website by offering the same exact services and ideas. However, the design, wordings and logos are totally different. Is this legally ok? What precautions should I take? And how can I avoid lawuits and/or legal trouble?

I know that cloning a webiste is not illegal and does not violate any copyright laws. However, I just want to know whether I am in the clear or if I should be aware of something I missed.

Thank you
Category: Business Law
Expert:  wallstreetesq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

As long as you are not copying any copyrighted webpages, and the product sold is not exclusive to them their is no legal issues here. What you should do is create your website, and copyright the pages so you can protect your own pages as well.

As long as you do not use their logos or trademarked and copyrighted material you are fine.