Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

If my registered business name is Creatively Yours Desktop

If my registered business name isXXXXX Services LLC, can I just use Creatively Yours on product packaging for sale to the public or do I need to use the entire name?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good afternoon. If you are going to do this, you will want to file an Assumed Name Certificate in the county in which your LLC's principal place of business is and with your state's Secretary of State. If you register the LLC to do business in any other state, you will also want to file an Assumed Name Certificate with that state's Secretary of State as well. Then, you can do what you propose without any problem.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.