Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

I called John for snow removal services. I told him what I

I called John for snow removal services. I told him what I needed, he quoted me $75. He promised to come. He didn't come or call. I called him again. Again, he promised to come. He didn't come or call. I gave up on John and called Victor. Victor promised to come. Next morning, I found that about 1/3 of the job had been done. Before I could call Victor to ask why he only did a part of the job, he called me and apologized for not coming yet. He came soon after, finished the job for $50. Today I got a bill from JOHN for $85 for shoveling. He was the one who did 1//3 of the job. Do I owe John anything?

Good afternoon. You owe John $25 for the 1/3 that he did. The remaining 2/3 was done for $50 which allowed you to get the job done for the original $75 which you intended to spend. Had you had to pay Victor $75 to finish, then you would owe John nothing.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.