MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

Some of my friends and I are starting a small Remote Control

Customer Question

Some of my friends and I are starting a small Remote Control Airplane business in Texas. The company will produce and sell electric model airplanes, accessories, and replacement parts on-line, at hobby shops, and at regional events. We are setting the company up as an LLC in Texas. We need to understand how to best protect and cover ourselves from product liability (someone getting injured by a prop or malfunction) perspective. We also need suggestions on legal disclaimers that could be used on our website and packaging which would best protect the company.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, your disclaimer should include a suggested age range for the operation of the airplanes prominently displayed on the package as well as a disclaimer stipulating that the operation of a remote control plane is inherently dangerous.