Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

If you form an LLC having multiple investors and the LLC winds

Customer Question

If you form an LLC having multiple investors and the LLC winds up going out of business with debts still owed, are all investors liable for the debts on an equal basis even though they did not invest equally?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good morning. Actually, an LLC is a limited liability entity and none of the investors are personally liable for the debts of the entity unless there were personal guarantees.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.