Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I would like to open a mall kiosk. At this kiosk I would like

I would like to open a mall kiosk. At this kiosk I would like to have women offering hugs to those who pass by for a small fee. I am located in Miami, FL. Is this legally feasible, and if so what is necessary to make sure the business is in compliance with the law.
If the people are consenting to be hugged, this is not considered sexual activity and as such there is no law against this type of business. As long as the customers are agreeing to pay and agree to be touched it is neither a battery or sexual activity.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
"...and if so what is necessary to make sure the business is in compliance with the law."

Regarding this part of the question for clarification. Since the activity is not illegal, are there no other compliance requirements to set up a business selling this service in Miami, FL? I could just go and start next week, no problem?
No, you need to file for your business license and you would have to set up some business entity, such as an LLC (Limited liability company, which would likely be the best choice of entity for your type of business). You can file for your LLC online with the secretary of state's office, then go to the IRS website and obtain a tax identification number and once you have that you register with the FL department of revenue to pay sales taxes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So the state and federal filings...any filings specific to doing business in Miami, Fl?
As I said, the business license would be filed for with the city, then the LLC with state, Tax ID with the IRS and registration with state department of revenue for sales taxes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Cool, Thanks

Nice Service
Thank you.