MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

Can I obtain a Civil Harassment Restraining Order in Florida

Can I obtain a Civil Harassment Restraining Order in Florida if I am being continually libeled and harassed online, along with my wife and adult daughter, by a blood relative? What constitutes harassment? What is the standard of proof?
Thank you for the post, harassment is the engaging in an action with the objective of annoying or aggravating another party, with no legitimate basis. The standard of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. You can obtain a protective order against harassing parties, as well as enjoin the defamation of character.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So I do not need to prove damages regarding the defamation? Merely proving defamation is enough?
Yes, this is because damages in a defamation claim are nearly impossible to prove as the damage is to an intangible (character).