Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
17897874

I just started a S-corp in colorado and the firm that filed

I just started a S-corp in colorado and the firm that filed online forgot to add my wifes name as a co-owner. What do I do to get her name on the articles of incoporation.
The directors of a corporation are empowered to, among other things, authorize the issuance of stock and elect corporate officers. Acting as the sole director of the corporation, you would sign a board resolution in your capacity as director documenting the issuance of stock to your wife. Her percentage of ownership in the corporation will be in proportion to the amount of shares purchased. Keep in mind that an S corporation, unlike a regular "C" corporation, has limitations on the type and number of shareholders it can have. The shareholders of an S corporation must be either U.S. citizens or residents. (They cannot be nonresident aliens.)