Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

I was the major shareholder in a C Corp. About 18 mo

Customer Question

I was the major shareholder in a "C" Corp. About 18 months ago our company was having financial difficulties so we put the business in a "Coma" ( I loaned the company $15,000 and stopped taking a salary), but we continued to attempt to solicit customers, etc. In the past few months, a few customers have come in and the company is moving back into life. We had a group of investors (own 17.5%) and another partner (also owns ~37.5%) push me out (they were making stupid decisions I did not agree in). I want to know how I can get my past due wages (about $80,000) and the amount of money I loaned to the company back...?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good evening. Even though you resigned your position, you are still entitled to wages earned before you resigned and to the repayment of your loan. If they will not voluntarily agree to pay you on some sort of terms acceptable to you, then you need to file suit against them. You can then get your judgment, and then attach all the company's assets, including their bank accounts.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.