Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Attorney
Experience:  25 years practicing law
3396227

What is the term Fore quarters meanand How do I use it in

Customer Question

What is the term Fore quarters meanand How do I use it in court
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 3 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
I assume you mean "four" quarters and not "fore" quarters but I need to know how or in what context the term is being used so I can answer your question. Also I would like to know what type of court case this involves.
Dave Kennett, Attorney
Experience: 25 years practicing law
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
case was briught against me regarding credit card debt in which the plaintiff mention the debt was sold to another company but did not give details of my debt being mention.They didn't have enough evidence to to prove my debt was part of the dbet being sold so my question is four quarter say that say have to presnet enough evidence or drop the case and where do i find the law definition on this term
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.

I am really sorry but there is no legal term of "four quarters".This can mean the four quarters of a calendar or fiscal year in business or obviously it can mean having four quarter coins but there is no legal term with respect to a credit card debt relating to "four quarters".

I need to know specifically how it was used in your case to be able to offer an explanation. You keep saying I didn't answer or that it was incomplete but I still have no idea what or how this was used in a legal case.

Dave

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If a case is brought against someone and during the the hearing the defense doesn't have enou evidence to to show to prove his or her case does the term fore quarter state that if you don't have enough edvidence you have to demiss the case?

You must be misunderstanding the term that was used since there is no such term as "fore (or four) quarter" used in that situation. The defense would not be the one to dismiss the case as it would be the plaintiff who would dismiss if there wasn't enough evidence. The defense doesn't have to prove the case as that is the job of the plaintiff.

I have tried to think of what it may be that you are referring to but I just have never heard or do I know of the term "fore quarter" used in any legal way. If you have anything in writing saying this I would like to know what the complete sentences says. I will continue to try to help if you can provide more information.

Dave