Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  Significant Company/HR Experience

If a bank , knowingly and deliberately, sent police to serve

If a bank , knowingly and deliberately, sent police to serve a notice on an elderly woman who had life tenancy that the property was being auctioned legal?

Her son took out a loan from this bank on the property with her ok. To me this means the bank made a mistake (since she had life tenancy)?

Then ,they did auction the property ( by passing the IRS, again deliberately) Who the son owed as well and had a plan to pay both off, that they were all in contact about?

Does'nt the bank have to notify he IRS legally before they do this?

The bank is well known for this type of behavior. Can they bring a law suit against the bank?

Unless the IRS had a lien against the property they were not entitled to any notice. If a tax lien exists then the IRS would have been listed as a Defendant Even with a life tenancy the property can be foreclosed upon and sold.

If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.