Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  Significant Company/HR Experience

If a lawyer files a complaint and in the complaint the figure

If a lawyer files a complaint and in the complaint the figure owed does not equal what is really owed (50% difference), can you file a counter complaint for not doing due diligence for filling or negligence

Amounts stated in a complaint are typically higher than what is actually owed.or recovered The lawyer did nothing wrong. You can either negotiate a lower amount, of the legal proceeding will establish the actual amount owed. Your answer to the complaint can dispute what is owed. You MUST answer the complaint top preserve your rights.

If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.