Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

I am currently a sole proprietor who is considering operating

I am currently a sole proprietor who is considering operating under an LLC. I'd like to consult an attorney for a tax planning/asset protection strategy... what kind of attorney would best address this matter (field of law)? Thank you.

Good morning. You will want to discuss your issues with a transactional attorney with a tax backgrounc. You can get a referral from the Florida State Bar Association of you don't know one. But, this type lawyer will have a broad enough expertise to handle all the issues you mention without you having to consult with 2 or 3 different ones.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.