Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

I am looking to Private Label (OEM) a product and resell it

Customer Question

I am looking to Private Label (OEM) a product and resell it as a part of my solution. How do I formalize our relationship with an OEM agreement. and what would it cost? Being a start-up company, I would like to keep the price low.

Following are the agreed features:
1.Supplier and my company Innovations have entered a strategic partnership relationship where by my company agree to sell products manufactured by Supplier under my brand.
3.My company to sell the product/s under its name without restrictions.
4.Supplier will not approach or reference my customers without prior written agreement. All customer related data belongs to my companies.
5.Recommended product modifications/changes recommendation by my company will be the IP of my company and be protected as such. This changes will not be implemented in Suppliers product line without prior approval.
6.Supplier will continue to honor 2-year product warranty and provide product-specific technical Support under agreed SLA's and meet deliverables as agreed. Software upgrades are included for the first year.
7.Contract is valid for 3 years will potential renewal for another 3 years.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.

My name is Francine, and I’m the Legal Category Moderator for JustAnswer. My job is to assist customers with pending questions for the Legal Experts here at JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I still need the answer if possible.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.

Hello Jaden,

I’ll try to find an Expert to assist you, but if you are looking for an attorney to draft this for you, that would be beyond the scope of what our services can provide. Legal Experts on JustAnswer cannot be retained or engage in representation of a customer. They are allowed to provide legal information only.

If you need some general direction, I will try to find an expert who can work with you on that. Otherwise, you're going to have to seek out local counsel.

Please let me know you want to proceed.

Edited by Fran-mod on 12/5/2010 at 6:36 PM EST