MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

Hello My name is haresh patel. I have paid a franchise fee

Customer Question

Hello My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have paid a franchise fee to snappy tomato pizza. But I am not doing a location. So I call them to refund me franchise fee. they send me this e-mail.

Mr. Patel,

We received your photo copies. However, due to the structure of our business, I would ask you to please contact Tony Shariffi to get a refund of your money.

Tony can then work with Jeremy Deters the president of Snappy on a refund. Tony’s phone number is XXXXX

Thanks for help in this matter,

Bill

I called tony Shariffi He said i am not going to get my money. So I send another email to bill and Jeremy Deters the president of Snappy on a refund. But its been over week and i have not had a respond. I ask them to give in writing. I have not hard from anybody.

What should i do? Is it possible to get my money back its a amount of $ 27,500.00
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, did the other party breach the franchise agreement? Also, am I correct to assume that a franchise agreement was executed prior to you providing your deposit of $27,500?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i am not sure what Breach means? yes it was executed but i dont have a copy to see if the fee is refundable. I just got another e-mail After i talk to you this after noon.

this is what it say.

Hello Harry, I'm very sorry for the delay. But, I'm stuck in the middle of this and can not do anything for you myself. I don't think anyone is saying that you can't get your money back. However, for the process to move forXXXXX, XXXXX must contact Jeremy Deters to discuss the situation. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

However i been calling tony for one week and he doesnot answer his phone.

Can you please tell me an attornery in kentuckey?

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX attorney in Kentucky, without knowing where you are in Kentucky it is difficult to offer a specific referral. However, here is a list of referral services serving Kentucky (by region):

ATTORNEY REFERRAL SERVICE
Serving the following Kentucky counties:
Boyd, Greenup and Lewis
PO Box 1147
Ashland, KYNNN-NN-NNNN
Monday, Wednesday and Friday only Office hours 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (NNN) NNN-NNNN

CENTRAL KENTUCKY LAWYER REFERRAL SERVICE
A service of the Fayette County Bar Association (NNN) NNN-NNNN
http://www.fcba.com/cklrs.html

KENTUCKY LAWYER REFERRAL SERVICE
Jefferson, Bullitt, Hardin, Henry,
Meade, Oldham, Shelby and Spencer
And the following Indiana counties:
Clark, Floyd, Harrison, Jefferson, Scott and Washington
600 West Main Street
Louisville, KYNNN-NN-NNNN
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM-1:00 p.m. and 2:00-4:30 p.m. (NNN) NNN-NNNN

NORTHERN KENTUCKY BAR ASSOCIATION LAWYER REFERRAL SERVICE
Boone, Campbell, Carroll, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, Owen, and Pendleton (NNN) NNN-NNNN
http://www.nkybar.com/includes/referral.aspx
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

this is what it say.

Can you please tell me what are the chances of me geting my money back?

Hello, by breach I mean where the other party acted inconsistent with the terms of the contract. The likelihood of getting your money back depends on whether the money you offered up was offered as a non-refundable deposit, per the terms of the contract. If so, it is unlikely you will get your money back. If not, it is likely you will because you are entitled to a refund.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I live in alabama. But snappy tomato pizza headquater is in Lexington Kentucky. Should i talk to attorney in Kentucky ? My store that i was going do is in tennessee.

where should i look to hire attorney?