Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

what will happen if i dont go to court for the final settlement

Customer Question

what will happen if i don't go to court for the final settlement conference in a case in which i am the defendant? i am going to file bankrupcy anyway.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 6 years ago.
Why would you not appear? When will you file bankruptcy in relation to when the conference is scheduled?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ACTUALLY IT IS A FINAL STATUS CONFERENCE TOMORROW. I WANT TO ADD THIS TO MY BK I AM FILING NEXT TUESDAY.DOES IT MATTER IF I DON'T GO?

Yes it always matters as you could be sanctioned by the court for failure to appear. You should go and explain the situation. That will cause the judge to postpone whatever he has in mind. It will also avoid any type of sanction.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.